Welcome to the Rhode Island School of Fly Fishing (RISFF) website. Our company is brand new having been formed in August, 2015. Take a tour of our site (still in development) and see what we offer, and click the CONTACT page to reach us with questions.
The school is owned and operated by three partners, Capt. Jim Barr, Capt. Bob Hines (both U.S. Coast Guard Captains), and John Lemont, Esq. We provide individual and group instruction for beginner, intermediate and advanced fly anglers, and those who have never fly fished but who are interested in learning the sport. We provide a full range of classroom and field training in fly fishing, fly casting and fly tying in fresh and saltwater environments.
We are based in Newport, Smithfield and Cumberland, RI and deliver our services in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. On staff are two International Federation of Fly Fishers Certified Fly Casting Instructors. Staff members have extensive fly fishing experience in North, Central and South America and in other parts of the world. Our partners are officially retired from business and law enforcement.
Captains Barr and Hines are licensed professional fresh and saltwater fishing guides operating our own guide services, and John Lemont is an attorney in private practice. RISFF is a unique fly fishing services company because not only do we possess extensive fly fishing experience in numerous and varied venues, but we also have significant experience training anglers as well as professionals in business and law enforcement.
To our knowledge there is no other fly fishing school in the country (independent or owned by fly fishing retailers) that offers the depth of fishing experience, training program diversity, attention to detail and instructor experience than what is provided at the Rhode Island School of Fly Fishing. Our programs are fully packed with valuable information with no "filler". We deliver powerful training programs at very reasonable prices that provide a very strong value proposition for our customers.
Thanks for visiting our company's website,
Jim, Bob and John
- Casting Instruction- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes. Our staff incudes two IFFF Certified Fly Casting Instructors!
- Fly Fishing Instruction- Fresh and Saltwater, Multiple Species, Classroom & On the Water, Tactics, Equipment, Entomology, Knots and much more
- Fly Tying Instruction- Fresh and Saltwater patterns, Professional and Very experienced tying instructors, fly pattern designers
- Presentations- Extensive inventory of topics for seminars on a full range of fresh and saltwater fly fishing venues
- Consulting- equipment, destinations and guides
Double click here to add text.